Sunday, January 9, 2011

SCRITCHES!!

Today Joy let me give her scritches on her head!! Scritches means to sort of itch her neck for her, against the grain of her feathers. She loves it! She kept lowering her head so I would keep doing it, hee hee hee! I'll get some video after birdie breakfast. She was a little loud this morning before I got up, but it was more like a fussy baby who wants out of the crib than any scared or annoyed screaming. After I gave her scritches she started to do a fluffy skirt dance (a mating display) and make her chicken cluck noises. I redirected her to her food dish and she happily started eating. Then when we were enjoying sun in the living room, Noel got up for work and the dogs started excitedly jumping on the couch (DADS AWAKE! DADS AWAKE, YAAAAY!) and she started her really loud seagull call again. I believe I have properly translated its meaning:
  1. In the morning, it translates to "I'm awake! Is anybody else awake? Hey! I could use some company! Hello?"
  2. If I leave the room, it is a nervous "WHERE are you going! You forgot about me!"
  3. If the dogs wrestle or get too jumpy-on-the-couchy it translates to "WOAH HEY calm down!! You're scaring me! What's all the fuss about?"
  4. If there is a loud sound from the street, or a crescendo in the music we are listening to, it translates to "JESUS WHAT WAS THAT! I don't like that!"
  5. And when she is hormonal (egg laying) it translates to "HEY BOOOOYS! I'm over heeeere!!"
Or at least that's what I think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment